Future Stars Showdown
MLB The Show Future Stars showdown is a challenge mode in the video game where fans can face off against pitchers from the Future Stars Series and earn rewards.
You must draft three Future Stars batters to lead your Showdown squad and compete in a series of challenges against different pitchers from the Future Stars series. Each challenge comes with different difficulty levels and rewards.
Any challenges can be skipped in exchange for some stubs, but skipping a challenge will not result in a reward. The final challenge is a showdown against the San Francisco Giants pitching prodigy Kyle Harrison, the Final Boss in the series.
The showdown is available at the Future Stars Series Program in the Other Programs section. To beat the pitcher in the showdown, you must score more runs than the pitcher has outs.
The number of runs and outs will depend on the number of challenges completed or skipped before the final showdown against Harrison. Completing all the previous challenges will start the showdown with 13 runs and 20 outs.
Here are some tips on how to complete the showdown:
- Draft left-handed hitters and switch hitters, as most of the pitchers in the series are right-handed.
- Avoid chasing splitters or curveballs and focus on hitting fastballs in the upper half of the plate.
- If the defence is playing back, use bunts to move runners over or get on base.
- You can skip the second last challenge if it's against a tough pitcher like Grayson Rodriguez or Bobby Miller.
- Wait till you get a good ball to hit, and don't swing at every ball.